Car Shipping To Thailand
- Original passport
- Original driving license
- Original car registration
- Import license (from Ministry of Commerce in Thailand)
- DP1 document (from respective Embassy)
- Diplomatic exemption certificate (diplomats)
- Original bill of lading
- One set of certified copy of all documents mentioned and certified by the owner of the goods
- Duties range from 213% to 308% for cars and 94% for motorcycles not shipped under diplomatic status.
- Motorcycles cannot be imported unless qualifying under diplomatic status or the owner of the goods has an import license.
- Before the shipment of motor vehicles, the owner of the goods must obtain approval from the Ministry of Commerce and the import permit must be granted.
- Import licenses are rarely granted to non – citizens.
- Individuals must have owned the vehicle at least one and a half years prior to import and must have correct documentation supporting the claim.
- Must have a work permit and a visa of at least one year old from immigration in Thailand.
- If a spouse wants to import a vehicle and is not working but following the working spouse to Thailand, then documentation must be shown as proof.
- If the permit is approved and the automobile has been imported, the owner of the goods cannot sell it for at least three years from the date of the approval.
Are you Looking For a Car Shipping To Thailand
Get a Free Quote in 3o Minutes