Car Shipping To Japan
- Original passport
- Vehicle registration
- Application of duty exemption on automobiles
- Proof of ownership for more than 1 year
- Original bill of lading
- Sales receipt / purchase receipt
- Insurance certificate
- Original Customs declaration form C-5360
- KANGI form
- Automobiles, boats, and other vehicles may be included in household goods shipments, provided that the owner of the goods has owned the vehicle for more than 1 year prior to import from the origin country.
- Automobiles and other vehicles may be imported temporarily free of duty and tax if they will be re-exported.
- Automobiles must comply with Japanese exhaust emission control and safety regulations.
- A test of emission control and safety regulations will be given (SHAKEN).
- Modifications can be quite expensive for an imported car to be examined and registered.
- KANGI forms can be obtained by the Foreign Ministry in Japan.
Are you Looking For a Car Shipping To Japan
Get a Free Quote in 3o Minutes